Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week 2 in Tamatave...

Manahona Daholo!

What a crazy/amazing week here in Tamatave! To start off we had riots all week because there was no power and everyone started going after the power company! It got bad enough that on Tuesday we had to be in at a 5:00 pm curfew and we couldn't leave the house the rest of the night! Thankfully, the riots have stopped and the power is back on!

Wednesday! Wednesday was honestly the best day of the week because we got to Skype! It was so nice to see all of you and talk with you! By the looks of things it looks like everything is going well back in Bountiful! Other than that we just worked.

Thursday was Christmas! Not going to lie but this Christmas was very hard to be away from home! It's not because I'm home sick or anything it was just that Christmas is celebrated a lot differently here! Let's just say that everyone get's super drunk and they just party all day! It was definitely one of my harder work days and I felt really sad for the people who didn't understand the purpose behind Christmas...However, it was still an amazing Christmas and it will be one that I'll never forget!

The rest of the week we just worked. With all the riots and Christmas being on Thursday we still had a very good work week! Elder Turner and I are working very well together and I'm learning so much from him! He is very easy to work with and he know's how to get a program going! It amazes me how blessed I have been with my companions so far and I hope it continues!

That's about it for the week! All of our investigators are still doing great and we hoping to get Bri and Sandy baptized on January 17! Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully we don't have any problems this week with it being New Years but I have a feeling people are going to be a lot more drunker! Haha, oh well, all we can do is work! Anyways, I love ya'll so much and I hope ya'll had an awesome Christmas! Until
next week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Elder Stringfellow and Elder Turner's Bedroom

Their Living Room

Their Kitchen
Elder Stringfellow and Elder Turner (Elder Sam Merrill's Twin - lol)

Ryan and some kids

Another cute little kid

Elders Stringfellow and Turner with Bri's Family

Local Bike Taxis

Walking down a Typical Street in Tamatave
A Typical Grass Hut House in Tamatave


No comments:

Post a Comment