Monday, December 15, 2014

Transfered.....To the Beach!

Hey Everyone!

Boy do I have some crazy news for ya'll! This last week was transfer week and it turns out that I'm leaving Ambohimanarina here and Tana and I'm heading out to an area called Tamatav!!!!! Tamatav is on the East coast of Madagascar and is the second biggest city here in Madagascar! It's about 8 or 9 hours outside of Tana buy taxi bus and it's a bike riding area! My new companion will be Elder Turner who is already out there and I can't wait! Most importantly I'm going to the beach!!! 

We were able to ask him a few questions about the transfer and here is his response:

I leave tomorrow at 5:00 pm and I will be getting there by taxi bus which is about the size of an airport shuttle! I should be arriving in Tamatave at about 2:00 am.  I'll be traveling with Elder Nelson, Elder Hull, and Elder Bowler.  We are all going to Tamatave but I'll be working in an area called Ankirihiry! There are only 9 elders out in Tamatave and all I really know is that the work is really good, it's hot, and everyone who goes there loves it!  Its a Bike Area and They'll have a bike for me out there! The best cyber in country is actually out in Tamatav so it should be really good! 

Well, that's the big news for the week but I still got a lot more to talk about! Tuesday we had Zone Conference and it was amazing! The AP's and President and Sister Adams did such an amazing job and I learned a lot! They spoke on Pride, Repentance, and Gossip! It was done so well and was so spiritual! Plus at the end we got Sister Adam's cooking! All in all, Tuesday was such a great day! 

The rest of the week we just worked! It was really hard knowing that I probably won't be seeing any of these people anytime soon and I started saying my goodbyes!

I got so many pictures of so many
incredible people here in Ambohimanarina and I'm going to miss them a lot! We had so many progressing investigators who are so prepared for baptism it's crazy! They now have a special place in my heart and I'll always remember them! That's really about it for the week! We just visited people all week because we knew at least one of us was leaving and it turned out to be me!

I'm so pumped to go out to Tamatav and I've heard so many great things about it, but Ambohimanarina will always be in my heart!   The people I've met and the friends I've made can only be described as an incredible blessing in my life! The church still has a long ways to go here in Mada but it is continuing to grow through these amazing people!

I love them so much and I don't want to leave them but I have too! I know that the Lord knows me and knows where I need to be and That's Tamatav! I can't wait to get out there and create new experiences with other Malagasies! I know that I'll love Tamatav! 

I hope ya'll have a great week and that you're preparing for Christmas! Only 10 more days until I can see ya'll and talk with ya'll! I love ya'll so much and Tratra ny Krismasy!
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEEK
Some "Stripling Warriors"

Last photo of "Tana" for a while

Investigators Tsimangiki and Sava

. Investigators Yanta, Flavien, and Sylvie

. Investigators Yanta, Flavien, and Sylvie w/ Elder Hein

Branch Mission Leader Fr. Tojo

The big three! Branch Mission Leader, Branch President and Branch Clerk

Norbert's Family

Elder Stringbean with a duck

Elder Hein, Norbert, Elder Stringfellow

Elder Stringfellow with Norbert and Family

Some of the Ward Members

Most diligent member in Madagascar Fr. Solofo and family
 

No comments:

Post a Comment