Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Success...

Hey Everyone!

I can't believe it's already December! Today marks my two month mark here in country and I can't believe it. This week was such an incredible week with it being Thanksgiving and all and I can't wait to tell you about it.

First off, on Tuesday I went on a split with Elder Cooley in his area!  The split was awesome! It was super nice to have somebody from your own hometown to work with! Elder Cooley is doing great and his progressing in the language. We honestly talked the whole day and it was really cool to here some of his stories. Elder Cooley is one heck of a missionary and I love him so much!
 
Thursday was THANKSGIVING! Our house went all out and we had a killer Thanksgiving! We killed our Turkey in the morning and then went out and worked all day! We came home and cut up the Turkey with some vegetables and threw it in the oven for about two hours. While it was cooking we made cream corn, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and brownies! It was for sure one of my most memorable Thanksgivings! I got pics so I'll send them home!
 
The rest of the week Elder Hein and I worked our tail's off! We ended the week with 27 hours of work with 22 lessons! That's the best week we've had so far. Right now we are teaching a lot of new people and we contacted into a professional soccer player from Nigeria who is playing here in Mada. He's a baller! He's had a really rough time here in Mada but he thinks he still has a shot at going big. We shared a little spiritual thought with him the other day and it was amazing.

The really cool thing about it is that we teach him in English! Not going to lie but it's a little weird teaching in English and I much rather prefer Malagasy. Hopefully he continues to learn from us and that he accepts our message!

I have good news about our investigators! Yanta and Flavien want to get baptized before either Elder Hein or I leaves. We're pushing for Dec. 13 and if they get baptized on that day that means that the 11 year old girl, Sylvie, who lives with them will get baptized too!

Tsimangiki and Sava fixed their papers and are going to go pick up the last one today so they too could get baptized on Dec. 13. Norbert is Norbert! He and his family are doing great and they can't wait to get baptized in January! Oh, the church still isn't finished but hopefully we start going there this month!
 
That's about it for the week! It was such an amazing week! With it being Thanksgiving it made me really realize what I'm thankful for! I am especially thankful for my family and friends. I don't know where I would be without them right now but I'm glad with where I'm at. Ya'll mean the world to me and I hope ya'll had an amazing Thanksgiving!

Only 25 more days till Christmas! I don't know where I'll be or who I'll be with but I'll make sure to Skype with ya'll. I love ya'll so much and have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Found a Chameleon

Rainforest

Rainbow 1

Rainbow 2

The Turkey

The Turkey Crew

Pre-Chop


Happy Missionary

Turkey Dinner

The Table Setting

Sitting down for dinner
 
Poop Balls used for Fire

 

No comments:

Post a Comment