Monday, February 1, 2016

I love being a missionary...

Vao Niresaka tamin'ny ray aman-dreniny izy ary mamela azy hatao batisa izy ireo!

Well, it looks like HANJA IS GETTING BAPTIZED! Yep, she talked to her parents last week and they are going to allow her to do it. It's kind of a wierd story but it looks like we're going to shoot for the 13th of February! I guess what's happening is that her parents aren't going to deny her the opportunity to get baptized anymore but they're still confused on why she wants to do it. When we asked her how she felt about it she gave a very definite "tokony hatoe le izy" which means, "I should be done." Long story short, she wants to get baptized and she wants to do it as soon as possible. We're thinking about doing it the Saturday right before transfers just incase one of us leaves. Ahh man, I'm really excited for her because it's been a long time coming and I hope everything works out for the 13th. Keep your fingers crossed!

Other than the big news about the umpcoming baptism, we had a really good work week. We received some referrals from a really strong couple in the branch and they actually helped us teach them. We've started teaching a ligit Malagasy rockstar and he's now a progressing investigator. We also have 3 or 4 families we teach who look really promising and hopefully we can consider them progressing her soon. I don't know, the mission life is just really good right now. Things are slowly falling into place and I feel like we'll soon see some amazing things happen. I just simply love Mahajanga.

We had another really good Sunday yesterday with 5 investigators coming to church and 95 total in atttendence. Saholy and her daughter finally came to church yesterday and it was great to finally see them there. We found her and her family back in December and they are now finally starting to show big signs of progression. They still have a long ways to go but they're heading down the right path.

Well, I don't know what else there is to say other than I love being a missionary and I love being in this area! Things seem to be going really well right now and I'm nervous that I'll be transfered her in a couple of weeks. Mahajanga is right up there with Andranomanelatra as one of my favorite areas and I feel so blessed that I've had the opportunity to work here. Anyways, that's my weekly report. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week!


Love, Elder Stringfellow

Pics of Mahajanga
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK







No comments:

Post a Comment