Monday, February 8, 2016

"Fiovana"

Hey Everyone! How's everyone doing? We had another really good week here in Mahajanga and we are starting to see the fruits from our labors.

To start off, the baptism is still all set for this Saturday and we can't wait for Hanja to get baptized. We can tell that Hanja is starting to get excited and that she's going to make a great asset to this branch. She's come a long way the past couple of months and it's about time that things are finally going her way. She's been showing a lot of signs of conversion the past couple of weeks and we feel like she is more than ready to get baptized.

Other than the news on the baptism, there isn't a whole lot more to talk about.....We had a really good work week and all, but we are still trying to get people excited about the gospel. Most of our lessons this week still went pretty well and we'll keep trying to find the elect who are ready to receive the gospel. I guess one really good thing we saw this week was that sacrament attendence went up again and we broke 100 this week! Yep, we had 102 people come to sacrament meeting yesterday.

This week I also had the opportunity to study repentance and the atonement. Repentace and Christ's Atonement are two of the most important principles that we can learn from the gospel. These two precious gifts from our Father and Heaven have helped so many individual lives and it's amazing to see results from them. Going into this week, I can honestly say that I didn't fully understand the importance of these two concepts and boy, have my eyes been opened.

It's hard to think that it took me this long to finally start to realize the important roles of repentance and the atonement in my life and it has definitely made me want to change. "Fiovana" means change in Malagasy and this is the one word that I'll be ponderizing this week. It sounds super simple but it's something I need and I know it will bring something good.

Well, that's all I got to say for this week. Sorry that my leter's not super long but I really don't have anything else to say. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week!


Love
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK




No comments:

Post a Comment