Monday, May 2, 2016

2nd to Last Transfer....



Akory aby e!

Nahazo vaovao tamin'ny heriny izahay fa samy mifindra faritra za sy Elder Cooley. Elder Cooley dia efa lasa tany Mahajanga ary za dia tokony hifindra amin' izao herin-andro izao.

Hey everyone! How's everyone doing? This week was pretty crazy due to some unexpected transfer news but everything is still going great!  Elder Cooley and I are no longer together because he just recently left to Mahajanga and I will also be leaving this week. Yep, Ampefiloha no longer has 4 missionaries. Kind of sad but I knew it was going to happen. Anyways, President Foote has sworn me to secrecy to not tell anyone where I'm going until next week, so I guess ya'll will have to wait until then haha. I will tell you this though; It's not here in Tana, I've already worked there, and I'll still be a Zone Leader. I honestly can't wait to get to get to my new area and hopefully I'll be heading there this Wednesday. I'll let ya'll know where it is when we skype this weekend.

Okay, that's the big news. The rest of the week was absolutely crazy mainly because I still don't have a companion. I've literally been going rogue for the past couple of days and It's been quite interesting. On Thursday, I worked a little bit with Elder Schroedter and Elder Basset who are now the two main Ampefiloha Elders and boy do they work their tells off. They taught 43 lessons this week and 26 of those lessons where with Father Lead Families. I was absolutely blown away yesterday when I worked with them again because we taught a grand total of 11 lessons in one day. Those two plain and simply know how to work and there is no doubt in my mind that Ampefiloha is in good hands.

On Friday, I was able to go on a split With Elder Price and his companion, Elder Lingani, in their area which is called Ampitatafika.  It was an awesome split mainly because Elder Price is such a spiritual giant and I can always feel the spirit when I'm working with him. He's a great missionary and I can't wait to hear about what he does in the last two transfers of his mission.

On Saturday, I went on another split with Elder Morse and Elder Kunkel in their area of Mahamasina to conduct three baptismal interviews for them. All three of them passed and one actually had an incredible story of how she was able to overcome her problem with drinking coffee. She's been off for over a month now and she promised me she wouldn't drink it anymore. I firmly believe that she won't and I know she'll hold faithful until the end. It was a great split and I'm very happy for the Mahamasina Elders.

Well, that's about all I got for this week. It's been a crazy week and I feel like it's just going to get crazier but I like it that way and I'll fully embrace it. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week.

Love, Elder Stringfellow

P.S. Happy Birthday to my awesome dad who became just a little older this past Saturday! Haha, love you! Also, Happy Birthday to my Great Grandpa Perkins on Wednesday. I sure do love ya Gramps!

P.S.S. - It has been confirmed that Elder Stringfellow will be released from his mission (depart for home) on August 3rd, 2016 and will be home on August 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment