Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter...

Miala tsiny tsy niresaka taminareo tamin'ny omaly za fa ny fankalazana paka no nanajanona ny zavatra rehetra tamin' izany.

HAPPY EASTER! I sure hope that everyone had a great day and that you were all able to reflect on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's crazy to think that this was my last Easter out here in the mission field and it's a pretty bitter sweet moment. It's always great to recognize how influential the power of Christ's resurrection is in our lives. The greatest act of love that he has ever expressed to us was through his own Atonement and then on the third day he overcame physical death so that we could all experience it and become more like our Father in Heaven. I honestly can't think of a better gift that we could receive other than that and this last Sunday was a great day to be thankful for it.

Elder Cooley and I had a great week last week. It started off a little rough with Elder Cooley being sick all night and all of Tuesday but everything after that was great. Elder Cooley and I put in a lot of work this week and it seemed like we really focused on less actives. It's not always fun working with less actives but Elder Cooley and I are really trying to be friends with everyone here in Ampefiloha and less actives are right at the top of the list. We literally do anything to make people realize that we're really friendly and that they don't need to be afraid of us. Elder Cooley and I have actually created a game where if you make someone smile at you, they become you're new friend. We do really dumb, silly things on the path all the time to make people laugh at us and it's way fun. We've really been trying to do it with less actives and it's been working pretty well thus far. Hopefully, less actives start becoming friends with us and then after that start coming to church.

Investigators are doing great. Victor really wants to be baptized and he was at church again,That's two weeks in a row and hopefully we get him baptized. He has really come a long way and he's really starting to understand things. William and Poland are both doing well and hopefully we seem baptized in May.

Well, that's all I got for today. Again, I hope that everyone had a great Easter and that was a special day for everyone. I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a great week.

Love, Elder Stringfellow

(PS - I almost forgot to tell you guys that this last week was TRANSFER WEEK! Don't worry, Elder Cooley and I are still together. I am getting a new Zone Leader Companion though. Ya'll remember Elder Reynolds from Mahajanga? Well, he and I will now be the Zone Leaders here in South Zone. Pretty dope, hugh? Anyways, that's it. Love ya'll!)

Pics
1. The house
2. The Church
3. Remember Stephano from Mahajanga? He just got his mission call and
came to Tana to get ready to go. I got to meet up with him last
Saturday. He's going to the Ivory Coast!
4. Ampefiloha
5. More Ampefiloha
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK





Here is a Video of Ryan's Baseball Swing that he has been working on with a Broomstick


No comments:

Post a Comment