Monday, March 21, 2016

Baked Bean Week...

Manahoana Daholo e!

How's everyone doing? Everything is going great out here in the mission field and Elder Cooley and I are having a blast. We had a really good week this past week and we completed the bean challenge. I know it sounds way dumb but Elder Cooley and I had a ton of fun doing it. We literally ate beans for every meal. It sounds gross but ya gotta do what ya gotta do and it's all about the experience right? Anyways, we have some way cool investigators right now and they're probably all I'm going to talk about today.

Our first way cool investigator is named Fidele. How cow, he is way cool. Elder Cooley and I tracted into him a couple of weeks ago and he his progressing very rapidly. Two weeks ago we gave him a Book of Mormon and this last week when we went to follow up with him he blew our minds. He literally had a notebook completely filled with questions about the BOM and then everything that he had read was very thoroughly marked. Elder Cooley and I were in complete shock because neither of us had seen an investigator study the Book of Mormon that deeply before. We tried the answer all of his questions which I think we did quite well but the coolest thing that happened was what he said right before we left. He turned to Elder Cooley and I and said, "Za no mampanantena fa ho vakiako ity boky ity." That literally translate to, "I promise you guys I will read this." Way cool! Hopefully we see him baptized here real soon!

Another really cool investigator we have is named Victor. Victor used to be a colonel in the Malagasy military and he actually lost his right arm in a parachuting accident. He is a really nice guy and this last week he told us that he really wants to be baptized. We told him that if he's really serious about it he needs to start coming to church. Well, guess what? He came to church yesterday! He too could be baptized here real soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

The final investigator I want to talk about is named Poland. Poland is just a good guy all around. He and his wife have a really nice family and our goal is to get them all baptized at the same time. Poland seems like he could get baptized right now but it's probably better to get them all at the same time. We were actually just at their house last night and all of them seem to be progressing very well. Keep your fingers crossed for them too!

Well, that's probably all I'm going to write this week. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has great week!

Love, Elder Stringfellow

Pics
Ampefiloha,
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK









No comments:

Post a Comment