Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year....

Tratra ny taona vaovao!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I sure hope that everyone had a great New Years and that we're all ready for 2016! This New Years is definetely one that I'll never forget and and ya'll will probably laugh when you find out why.

The story begins on the night of New Year's Eve. Elder Anderson and I had just finished work and had decided to meet up with Elder Wootan and Elder Reynolds for dinner. We went to this really nice resturant in the main part of town to celebrate the new year and up until that point everything was going great. I got some really good spaghetti for dinner and then we headed home to wait for the new year. This is were things started to go down hill....As soon as we got home, I started getting some pretty bad stomach cramps and eventually found myself in the bathroom all night. I don't think I need to go into much detail but ya'll can imagine what happend. Yep, I was sick!

The next day, New Years, I stayed home all day and didn't have the opportunity to go out and work. It was a pretty rough day and I spent most of the day in bed. Literally, the last thing I wanted to do to start off the New Year. The next day wasn't much better....I tried working but ended up coming home midway through the day still pretty sick. Another crumby day. I'm glad to say that I'm all better now but those 2 days were pretty rough.

Anyways, besides my New Years story, we had an awesome day at church yesterday! We had 91 people attend sacrament meeting and then we capped of the day with an awesome Branch Council meeting. We got some new goals set up for 2016 and we're ready to get things done here in Mahajanga. This branch sure has come a long way since I've been here and I can't wait to see what this branch can do in 2016!

Well, that's my weekly report! I'm glad I'm healthy again and that I can continue on with this work! Today I went and weighed myself out on the street and found out that I'm now down to 76 kg (167 lbs). Not really sure if the scale was accurate but if it was boy did I loose a lot of weight, haha! Don't think I've ever been that sick in my life before but now it's all over and I continue on with my missionary life! I sure do love this work and I love being a missionary!

Love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week!


Love, 
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
The Island House
Skinny Boy...
Sting Ray and Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment