Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hot Hot Hot...

Hey everyone!

I hope that everyone is doing great and that you all had an awesome week because we sure did. The work is just going right now and it's great to see the fruits from our labors. The days are getting hotter (35 degrees Celsius) but we still go out everyday and give it our all. I sure do love this work and I love being a missionary!

This week I feel like we did a lot of contacting and searching. We had a lot of times this week that feel through so we spent most of our time looking for some new people to teach. It took a lot of effort on our part but we found some new people and we now have programs set up with them.

Our investigators are all doing well and we have a few who are progressing towards baptism. One in particular is Victor. Victor has been learning from the missionaries for a little while now and he has been coming church every week even though he lives very far away.  He understands our teachings very well and lately he has been bringing his wife to church. Not only is he progressing but he is also helping his wife progress. She is now learning from us and it would be great to see them both baptized together.

Some other progressing investigators, who we just recently found, are Marie and Joseph. We found them about 2 weeks ago and they're already reading the Book of Mormon. They seemed really interested in it and they always have really good questions about it. Yesterday, we taught them about the Plan of Salvation and they seemed to really enjoy our teachings on the eternal family. They haven't come to church yet but hopefully we'll see them come here in the next little while.

CONFERENCE! Yes, we were finally able to watch conference and it was incredible. I really enjoyed Elder Holland's and Elder Nelson's talks on the importance of women in the church. It really made me appreciate all the women in my life who have helped me get to this point in my life today. To them I say, Thank You! I also really enjoyed President Eyring's talk on the Holy Ghost and how his dad taught him to always follow his promptings. The talk I probably loved the most, however, was Devin G. Durrant's. Let us all ponderize the scriptures each week and apply their teachings into our lives. All in all conference was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyways, that's about all I got for the week! Life is just great here in Madagascar and I'm loving my mission more and more everyday. I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love, Elder Stringfellow

P.S. Good luck to the Brave's Football team this week!
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK















No comments:

Post a Comment