Monday, October 26, 2015

Fruits From Our Labors...

Tena milamina tsara ny fiainana eto Mahajanga! Mandeha tsara ny asanay ary hitanay fahagagana maro avy amin'ny Tompo!

Mahajanga is absolutely amazing! I am so lucky to be working here because it really is paradise! Ya'll would not believe how well our work is going! We put in so much time and effort everyday and this last week we definitely saw the fruits from our labors! We taught over 30 lessons and found 23 new investigators! Tena mitahy ity faritra ity ny Tompo!

Looking back on the week we had some pretty cool experiences! One experience happened on Tuesday while Elder Coleman and I were tracting along the beach! We came across this huge white house and we thought for sure that some rich vahaza (white dude) owned it! So what did we do? We straight up knocked on the door, haha! To our surprise a Malagasy opened the door and she gladly let us in! We went in the house and taught a family of 3 or 4 adults! We shared the message of the restoration and the one and only guy who was there loved it! His name is Sici and he loved it some much that he started taking pictures of our pamphlets and of he Book of Mormon! We ended up giving him the 1st pamphlet and a copy of the Book of Mormon to read! After the lesson he took us out to his yard and showed us his pet lemurs! Yes, LEMURS!  It's been a long time since I've seen those guys and it was really cool to see them again! I got some pretty good pics and I'll make sure to send them home! We have another time set up with Sici this week and hopefully we can get something going with him!
  
The rest of the week was spent tracting and teaching some really good progressing investigators! Like I said up above, we found 23 new investigators that are now on our program! We'll be trying really hard this week to visit and teach all of them and I absolutely can't wait! Our progressing investigators are awesome! Hopefully here soon we'll be seeing a couple of baptisms for some really good progressing investigators but we'll wait and see! So sorry that I don't have any of their names...I'm still trying to figure all that out, haha!

 This weekend we'll be watching conference! YES! I have heard nothing but good things about it and I can't wait to watch it! Conference is one of those things that just gets you pumped to do missionary work!  It's going to be awesome!

Well, that's about it for my week! Sorry that I didn't talk about much but I honestly don't remember all that much about the week! All I know is that we worked our tails off and got a lot done! I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week!

 Love, Elder Stringfellow

P.S. If you got my other email just ignore it! I accidentally sent the unfinished copy!

Pics: Lemurs and the area! Yes, I ate that the other night, haha!

PHOTOS OF THE WEEK








No comments:

Post a Comment