Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 24 in Tamatave

HEY EVERYONE!

We had another awesome week here in Ankirihiry/Toamasina and a lot of great things happend! The work is tena mandeha tsara am'izao and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

First, Tonya is getting baptized this Saturday! I have taught her all the way through and it's so awesome to see her preparing for baptism! We stopped by her family's house last night to check up on everything and it's all in order and ready to go! Also, last night the three of us, along with a guitar played by Razaka, sang American songs for the whole family! All of you already know that Elder Stringfellow isn't really a singer but it was still a lot of fun and we get to do it again tonight at our Soiree with them! They are honestly one of my favorite families in the mission so far and I love them so much!

This week we also began the trio and I spent most of the week with Elder Price in Toamasina! Haha, it's so much fun working with Elder Price and there is never a dull moment! He has lots and lots of funny stories and I was laughing all week! He's such a great guy and even a better missionary!

Elder Razakamandimby worked with Fr. Jean Claude this week so the work in Ankirihiry is still going very well! It's kind of funny because whenever we talk about Jean Claude we refer to him as the "volom-bava" which means "mustache" in English! You can probably already guess but he has a way thick mustache, haha! Probaby sounds dumb but when your a missionary some of the dumbest things before your mission are now the funniest!

Anyways, that's about it for the week! So sorry that's it's a short email but this week I should have a lot to talk about! I'm guessing that this will be my last week here in Tamatave and I'm way sad about it! I've been here for 6 months and I've loved everyday! I have learned so much out here and I know that I have been strengthened by my time our here! I sure do love this mission and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!


Love
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK

Ryan and his favorite Juice
Beautiful Mada Countryside
Ryan and the Indian Ocean
The Streets of Tamatave
Ryan got Egged and Floured for his Birthday
More of the Egging and Flouring..
Ryan with his Zone Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment