Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 1 in Andranomanelatra...learning to drive a stick shift, haha!

Manahoana Daholo!

It is so cold! I know it probably sounds weird that Madagascar can actually get cold but I am freezing! 6 months in Tamatave didn't really prepare for the weather here in Antsirabe but I'll take it any day over the heat! Andranomanelatra is such a cool place! I literally teach people in Ambanivohitra (the country side) and it's just incredible! Everyone farms out here and houses are so far apart! Because of that we have a car and we have to drive all over the dirt paths in our area to go teach people! This week I'm going to learn how to drive stick so that should be fun, haha!  Andranomanelatra is so pretty and sometimes I feel like I'm back in the countryside of Utah working out there! I love it so much!

My new companion Elder Mumford is so cool! He's from West Jordan, Utah and he works very hard! Elder Mumford has almost finished his mission and he goes home at the end of this transfer! We have worked very well together so far and I can't wait to continue working with him!

The Andranomanelatra Branch is so awesome! We usually have 80 people come to church every week which just blows my mind because I didn't even know that 80 people lived out here, haha! Every Sunday we have Sacrament meeting in a tent and yesterday I had to opportunity to bear my testimony to the branch!   One of my favorite experiences on the  mission so far! Our Branch President is so cool and in a couple of weeks he'll be going to the temple! The first member of the branch to go! We also receive member help everyday from someone named Sitraka! He is so funny and here in a couple of weeks he'll be receiving his mission call! Something to look forward to!

Anyways, that was my week! The drive from Tamatave was about 10 hours but at least I got to see Elder Hein before he went home! We spent the night together at the AP's house on Tuesday night and then went our separate ways....I'm going to miss him a lot but the legend of Elder Hein will live on, haha! I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK 

Elder Mumford...New Companion
Saying Goodbye to Elder Razaka
Saying Goodbye to Elder Price
Saying Goodbye to Elder Hein...His Father (middle)
Sitraka's House
The Tent Chapel
Andranomanelatra Countryside
Rice Patties
Andranomanelatra Countryside


 

No comments:

Post a Comment