Friday, May 1, 2015

Week 19 in Tamatave...Transfers

MANAHOANA DAHOLO!

Big news this week, TRANSFERS! I am very happy to say that I will be staying here in Ankirihiry for my fourth transfer and I will be receiving a new companion by the name of ELDER RAZAKAMANDIMBY!  I have already lived with Elder Razakamandimby in my birth place of Ambohimanarina and he is honestly my favorite Malagasy ever! He's just a straight up baller! He's already very good at English, so at least communication will be easier, but I get to continue my progression with Malagasy! Words can't describe how excited I am to work with Elder Razakamandimby!

Other than transfers, WE HAD CONFERENCE and I was able to watch all five sessions in English! I know most of you already watched it like a month ago but Saturday and Sunday were very big days for the missionaries here in Madagascar! It was incredible! The first two sessions and the Priesthood session of conference were probably my favorite! Looking back at my notes I came to the conclusion that the main theme of those sessions was FAMILIES! Honestly, almost every talk in the those sessions had to deal with families! Whether it was living the law of Chastity, eternal marriage, or the topic of fatherhood the main theme was Families! It just made me super stoked for the day when I can have a family of my own!

The last two sessions were even better mainly because they landed on the Easter Holiday! Elder Holland's talk on the Savior and his Atonement hit us all really hard! We have all seen crazy things out here and are working with a lot of people who need the Atonement in their lives but the talk that Elder Holland gave was a definite
reminder of the role that the Atonement plays in everyone's lives! On my notes it is marked as one of the "Re-Read" talks and I can't wait to study it more! All in all this conference was incredible! We are so blessed to have a living prophet and other leaders of the church to lead and guide us today! I can't even imagine where the world would be without their council!

Well, that's about it for the week! I can't believe another transfer has come and gone! I am so thankful for this last transfer and I learned a lot from it! I'm looking forward to working with this branch even more with my new companion! We'll keep this place rolling! I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love
Elder Stringfellow

(PS. We had 12 investigators show up to watch conference! 12 new people had the opportunity to hear the words of the prophet!)


PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Cute Little Kid

With one of the members son


KP Duty

Ryan?  making cinnamon rolls?

Preparing to Watch Conference

With the District President and his Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment