Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 22 in Tamatave

Manahoana Daholo!

I can't believe another week has come and gone! I have been in Tamatave for about 21 weeks now but some days it feels like I just got here! The work here in Tamatave, especially Ankirihiry, is progressing very well and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

We were truly blessed yesterday to have 13 investigators come to church! It just amazes every time how prepared the Malagasy people are to accept the Gospel into their lives! 13 investigators was quite a sight to see but I believe that we received an even greater blessing yesterday during the actual sacrament meeting!

I have been teaching this man named Ernest for quite some time now and he just barely became active in the church again! We tried so hard so many times to get him to come back to church and this month he finally did! Well, yesterday he gave a talk in sacrament meeting on the Fanasan'ny Tompo (The Sacrament)! I was completely taken back as he walked up to the stand and gave an awesome talk on the Sacrament! He's come a really far way since I've been out here and I'm so happy that the branch is giving him some responsibilities! It's exactly what he needs right now to stay active and I know if he continues to fulfill those responsibilities he'll stay active!

Well, that was Elder Stringfellow's little spiritual miracle this week but here's a pretty funny story that happened to me yesterday! Elder Razaka and I were taking a Pus Pus out to work when all of the sudden a big police officer pulled our Pus driver over on the side of the road! He came up to the pus and realized that I was white and asked for my passport! Well, missionaries in this mission have to always carry a photocopy of their passports incase a situation like this happens! I gave him my "passport" and I thought all would be fine!

Haha, nope! He got all fed up because it wasn't my original photocopy! This story probably sounds like it's going to end bad but don't worry! For some reason they guy let me go, haha!

Anyways, that was my week! It was an awesome week and we received so many blessings from the Lord it was crazy! It was so nice to Skype most of you last week and to finally see your faces! I hope you all have a great week and I love you all so much!

Love
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Elder Razaka... and Elder Stringfellow

A little boy

A little girl...presumed

Kids Pulling Faces

Selfie #1

Selfie #2

The mattress didn't have bed bugs but the wooden frame did, so now the frame is on top of the roof and the matrass is on the floor, better than getting bit all night by bed bugs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment