Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 20 in Tamatave...Elder Razaka and Elder String

Manahoana Daholo!

Elder Razakamandimby has arrived! I thought that I'd never see him again after my first transfer but now I'm working with him! He's one of the coolest Malagasies I've ever meet and It's so much fun working with him! We work hard but we have fun doing it! I can already tell that this transfer is going to be filled with a lot of cool experiences and Elder Razaka and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Work was slow this week mainly because of the Transfer....Razaka and the other missionaries didn't get here till Wednesday evening so our work week didn't start until Thursday! The previous 3 days consisted of me working in other areas and taking care of some really sick elders! It's rough starting a week 4 days late but we made the best of it and it sure did pay off when Sunday rolled around!

Yesterday at church, to our surprise, we had 11 investigators show up and 1 less active member! A lot of the investigators who showed up are pretty new to the church and most some of them I thought would never come! One couple that took me by surprise was Christian and Voangy!

Voangy has been coming for about 3 weeks now but yesterday she brought her husband Christian! I never ever thought that I would see Christian in the Church Building but yesterday he came and stayed for all three ours! It was truly a miracle!

The one person that totally took me by surprise was that one less active member that showed up named Ernest! I've been working with Ernest for about 2 months now and he just flat out didn't have the desire to come back to church! It was starting to look dim for him but yesterday when we first walked into church there he was sitting on a chair all dressed up in the best clothes he had! I honestly couldn't believe it! He actually decided to come back and I sure hope that he continues to! Again, another miracle!

This mission is such an amazing experience and I literally see miracles everyday! Because of that I have been keeping a miracle journal and I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now! I love writing down what I see everyday! Most of the time it's just one or two things but it amazes me every time I do write something down! I love doing it and I plan on continuing my recordings in my miracle book!

That's about it for the week! The week started off slow but took off at the end! I'm so thankful for me new companion, Elder Razakamandimby! He's a flat out baller! I love this area so much and I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to stay one more transfer here! Anyways, I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Little Girls of Madagascar

A Scary Bridge to Cross

He bought a sword
 

1 comment: