Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 12 in Tamatave...

Manahoana Daholo!

Crazy, crazy week! First off, it has been raining non stop here for like a week and everything is flooded! The other day we were walking in water up past our knees trying to contact! Haha, we got completely soaked (especially our shoes) and I have some way funny pics of it!

WE HAVE A BAPTISM THIS WEEK! Sergio passed his Bap. Interview on Friday and will be getting baptized on Wednesday! He's an 11 yr. old boy whose mom was baptized two years ago but became less active....He's been coming to church by himself for the past two years and someone finally realized that he wasn't baptized! The missionaries found out and we started teaching him and his mom again! We reactivated her and now her son will be getting baptized! Wednesday is going to be an awesome day and Elder Nohaingoinaina and I can't wait!

This week was a really difficult week but I did realize how happy I really am being a missionary! On Saturday we were walking to a time with water clear passed our knees in the middle of rain storm! The water came over the front tire of my bike and my shoes by then were completely filled with water! The water was brown and gross but for some reason I just felt happy! The things I see everyday and the people I talk to just amaze me! There really is no other way to describe it but it's just incredible! Missionary work is hard but at the end of the day it's all worth it! I can honestly say that I love being a servant of God! I love being a Missionary and I wouldn't give it up for anything!

That's about it for the week! I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow

P.S. Elder Nohaingoinaina served in the same Mission as Elder Smith, Dave Smith's son! He showed me pics of Elder Smith and Him so we took pics of us to show to Dave and his Family! Haha, Small World!
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Elder Stringfellow and Elder Nohaingoinaina
 
Elder Stringfellow and how he feels about RAIN

Flooded Area

Brown Water

Tough to ride a bike

Elder Nohaingoinaina


 

No comments:

Post a Comment