Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Visa Came...The Adventure Begins...

We received a small handwritten letter from Elder Stringfellow yesterday indicating that his Visa came in and he is now scheduled to go ahead and prepare to depart for Madagascar on Monday September 29.  Elder Stringfellow was super excited but is anticipating a long travel itinerary that goes something like this:
  • Depart Monday afternoon from SLC to Dallas, TX (5 hour layover)
  • Depart Monday night from Dallas, TX to London Heathrow, arrive Tuesday afternoon with a (7hour layover in London)
  • Depart Tuesday evening from London to Johannesburg, South Africa, arriving Wednesday morning, (3 hour layover)
  • Depart Johannesburg Wednesday morning to Antananarivo Madagascar, arriving in the afternoon in Madagascar. 
3 full days of travel with lots of layovers....but worth it.  We will post Elder Stringfellow's last MTC report tomorrow and we are anticipating lots of energy and excitement from him.  This reminds me of one of my favorite church hymns:  "I'll go where you want me to go" - Here are the lyrics to the first verse:
It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
 LDS Link to Hymnal

No comments:

Post a Comment