Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014

Manahoana Fianakaviako!

I don't really know what to talk about this week....we honestly do the same thing everyday! My typical day consists of 3 meals and 12 hours of classroom study and that's about it. Our lessons with our teachers went very well and they keep telling Elder Glazier and I that we are picking up the language very well. This week also marked our halfway point here in the MTC! In 18 short days I should be on a plane heading off to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of Madagascar. I know that dad asked a lot of questions this past week and I'm sorry that I can't answer them all here because of how much time I have but I did send a letter home that hopefully answered most of them.
 
I know I got a DEAR ELDER last night that asked some more questions about my time here in the MTC and I'll try and answer them to the best of my ability. For my travel plans right now I have none. The MTC takes care of everything for us and we find out everything the week before we leave. All we know is that our Layovers are in Dallas, London and Johannesburg. I have great faith that our visa's will come through and that we will be able to leave on our assigned date. I feel so bad for a lot of the Taiwanese missionaries because there visa's haven't come and there probably going to get reassigned until they do come so please keep them in your prayers. This doesn't mean anything right now but we found out our release date and it's August 3, 2016 but that doesn't mean anything right now.
 
Elder (Clayton) Jorgensen leaves on Monday for Italy and I'm so stoked for him! I see him all the time and we always share our testimonies in our new languages! I told you all in my letter home that we were expecting an Apostle to speak to us on Tuesday. We waited in line for like an hour to get into the main building to hear whoever it was speak and when we got in we found out it was a member of the Quorum of the Seventy again! I was a little disappointed at first but we then found out that it was Elder Satati! I remember him from General Conference and the talk he gave was incredible! His talk was on remembrance and how we as missionaries should use this topic in our teachings. It was incredible! Plus he's from Kenya so he had a super cool accent.
 
I also forgot to mention about my temple experiences here in the MTC. Every P-day we wake up at six and we are at the temple by seven for our assigned time. We are the first group to go through in the morning and it's amazing! You sort of get a break from everything that's going on and it's just a great way to start of your day. My testimony continues to grow and grow every day and I'm getting better at it in Malagasy.
Fantatro fa marina ny filazantsaran'i Jesoa Kristy. Fantatro fa marina ny bokin'i mormona. Fantatro fa raha hamaky ny bokin'i mormona isika dia hitay antsika Andriamanitra. Fantatro fa afaka hahatsapa ny fanahy masina isika. Fantatro ny fomba ampiasianstika ny sorompanavotana dia amin'ny alalan'ny Jesoa Kristy. Fantatro fa Tia antsika Andriamanitra. Fantatro fa marina ny fiangonana. Amin'ny anaran'ny Jesoa Kristy, Amen. 
Translation: I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is True. I know that if we read the Book of Mormon then God will bless us. I know that we can feel the Holy Ghost. I know that the way we use the atonement is through Jesus Christ. I know that God loves us. I know that this church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
 
There's a lot more that I know how to say but I don't have enough time to say it so I had to make it short and sweet. I'm learning more and more words every day and I've made about 150 flashcards to help me with the verbs. My challenge to you this week is to read Mosiah Chapter 14, it talks about the atonement of Jesoa Kristy and I love it. It's super short but has a lot of meaning so if you have time read it!!!! Love you all so much and can't wait until next P-day to email you all. Love you all so much! Tiako ianareo!
Love, 
Elder Stringfellow


PICTURES - We have this super cool Australian Elder in our Zone, Elder Arthur, who's going to Indonesia who every night does some weird ancient Chinese relaxation technique on all the elder's backs. He uses some weird goo but it looks super cool when he's done. He's the one sitting on the grass at the temple. The last picture is my super cool teacher Brother Bingham. I love him to death!!! 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment