Thursday, September 25, 2014

Last Email from the MTC

Email Conversation then Regular Weekly Email

Hey Dad!!! Okay, I'll most likely call yours if that's okay! Hope everything is going well, good luck today and tomorrow and go destroy the cats! Love you so much! 

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Ryan Stringfellow wrote:

Hi Mom!!!! I think I'm all good on everything, I just gotta grab a few things from the bookstore like: travel toothpaste, some soap, and a few other small things but I should be fine. I'm pretty sure we get to call from every airport! I don't know if I will from J-berg because we only have like a 3 hour layover and we have to do a ton of stuff in the airport but we'll see! I love you so much. 

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Ryan Stringfellow wrote:

Couple More pics! The first pic is how we study. One of us asks a question in Malagasy and then we answer it by writing our answers and these little white boards. It's super helpful! The next pic is Brother Burton, sorry I still don't have a pic of Brother Sell. And Finally, the last one is Elder Glazier and I at the big map you always see!
















 

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Ryan Stringfellow wrote:

Haha this is what happens when you let Elder Coolley take a pic of you!

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Ryan Stringfellow wrote:

​The first pic is of Elder Glazier and I at the temple on Sunday. The second pic is of Brother Bingham and I last night when we had to say goodbye. Next is me at the Temple on Sunday (I've put on weight as you can tell).
 


On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Ryan Stringfellow wrote:

Manahoana!

Fianakaviako! Sorry to be writing a whole lot earlier than I have been but we decided to start earlier so we can have the rest of the day to pack. I don't even know where to start about this week! Our last week here in the MTC started off with a bang on Tuesday night when we had the privilege to hear from M. Russell Ballard. He gave an incredible talk on showing our love to God through missionary work! I learned so much from his talk and I took lots and lots of notes. Yesterday we got to host!!! I know I told you we probably weren't going to but we did and It was so much fun! I got to host three new elders who are all going state side and they were so ready to start off their work. It made me think of my first day here in the MTC and it really made me realize that my time is so close to being up and I'm so stoked.
 
Last night was probably the most spiritual night I've had here. It was Brother Bingham's last day teaching us and it was soooo hard to say Goodbye. We each got to do one on one's with him and he gave us some last minute advice. He has been the biggest blessing to me here in the MTC and I made sure I got his email so I could email him out in the field. Today at the temple we decided to do initiatory's to save some time for packing and it was awesome. I was able to perform the initiatory's for a whole family from Alabama and It was awesome! I was super sad when we left the temple though because I realized that it was my last time going to the temple for the next two years.....
 
Today is packing day!! We're so close to being packed and we can't wait to get out of here! It's not that we don't like it here, we just need something new. I got your "Dear Elder's" and I'm so happy you got our travel plans! Sorry to leave such a big window for calling time but we have no idea when we'll be able to call so you should receive a call between 8:30 and 2:20.
 
All right it's testimony time!!!
Tiako ny filazantsaran'i Jesoa Kristy. Ny filazantsaran'i Jesoa Kristy dia manampy ahy mahatonga misionera tsara. Fantatro fa marina ny filazantsaran'i Jesoa Kristy. Fantatro fa marina ny Bokin'i Mormona sy Baiboly. Misy ny Fanahy Masina. Raha manaraka ny mpamonjy isika  dia afaka hahatsapa ny Fanahy Masina isika. Fantatro fa mpaminany velona marina i Thomas S. Monson. Tiako i Thomas S. Monson. Nomenan'i Jesoa Kristy ny sorompanavotana antsika. Tsy maintsy manaraka ny sorompanavotan isika. Tian' Atra. antsika. Tiako anareo! Amin'ny anaran'ny Jesoa Kristy, Amena.

Translation: I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel of Jesus Christ is helping me become a better missionary. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are true. The Holy Ghost exists. If we follow the savior we can feel the Holy Ghost. I know Thomas S. Monson is a true living prophet. I love him. Jesus Christ gave us the atonement. We must follow the atonement. God loves us. I love you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I love this gospel so much and it's helping me become a better person! Crazy to think that my next email home will be coming from Madagascar. I have about a half hour left so I'll keep looking online to see if anyone's on and maybe we can talk. Love you all so much! Tiako anareo!

Love, Elder Stringfellow
 
P.S. You mentioned an Elder Snell. Elder Snell is Elder Coolley's companion! He is awesome and I love him so much! He is so good at the language and whenever I need help I always go to him. He'll be an awesome missionary. Congrats on all your games Syd, keep tearing it up! BECKY D!!!!! WASSUP!  Atta boy Squatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment