Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18, 2014 - Part 1 Main Letter

Manahoana ny Fianakaviako!

This week was amazing and I have so much to talk to you about. First off we got a new teacher Brother Burton! Holy Cow, I love him so much! He makes class time so enjoyable and he tells the funniest stories about his mission in Madagascar. I know I sent home a picture of Brother Bingham last week and I was meaning to send home a picture of Brother Sell but I forgot....sorry, but this week I'll make sure to send home a pic of both Brother Sell and Brother Burton. Second, we got to Skype a member in Madagascar on Thursday!! He was the nicest guy ever! Elder Cooley, Elder Glazier and I got to teach him as a threesome and well....let's just say he speaks very fast. However we could pick out here and there what he was saying and we taught him about the importance of serving others. It was amazing!!!!! I can't wait to meet more people like him. And finally, for our Tuesday night devotional we got to hear from one of our beloved apostles Elder Richard G. Scott!
 
He gave such a powerful talk on the topic of prayer and he mentioned that we never have to make an appointment with the lord, he's always in a constant appointment with us. The thing that stuck out to me the most was at the beginning of his talk where he said: "To reach a goal that has not yet been obtained, one must try new things." I don't know why but that just stuck with me and it really made me realize that I am going to have a lot of goals on my mission that need to be reached but I have to be willing to try new things.
 
Either today or tomorrow we should find out our travel plans! I really hope that our visa's come because a lot haven't been coming. I talked to Elder Redding this morning and He has been reassigned to Portland Oregon until his visa comes. He's super stoked about it though! He told me that he would rather have his situation right now than anything else and he's super stoked to get to Oregon! I'll keep you posted on our travel plans! Funny Story real quick!
 
So on Thursday BYU was playing Houston here in Provo and everyone was super bummed because we could here the roars from the stadium as we were sitting in class and everyone wanted to be at the game. Class ended and we could still here the stadium as we were walking back to the residence. To our surprise, when we walked into our dorm we looked out the window and could barely see the scoreboard of the football stadium. We couldn't see the actual screen where it was showing play by play but we could see the top of the score board where the actual score was kept. For the rest of the fourth quarter our whole zone was in our room to "watch" the end of the game and it was a riot. Needless to say we know who won! All right, it's testimony time!
Fantatro fa marina ny filanzantsaran'i Jesoa Kristy. Marina ny Bokin'i Mormona sy Biaboly. Fantatro fa nomenan'i Jesoa Kristy ny sorompanavotana. Ny fomba apiasiantsika ny sorompanavotana dia amin'ny alalan'ny i Jesoa Kristy. Fantatro fa nohitan'i Joseph Smith Andriamanitra sy Jesoa Kristy. Nomenan'i Joseph Smith antsika ny Bokin'i Mormona. Fantatro fa mpaminany marina i Joseph smith. Fantatro fa raha hamaky ny Bokin'i Mormona isika dia hitay antsika Andriamanitra. Tian' Andriamanitra antsika sy hanampy antsika izy. Amin'ny anaran'ny Jesoa Kristy, Amena. 
Translation: I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. The Book of Mormon and The Bible are true. I know that Jesus Christ gave us the Atonement. The way we use the Atonement is through Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith gave us the Book of Mormon. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I know that if we read the Book of Mormon, God will Bless us. I know that God loves us and will help us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
Love you all so much can't wait to talk to you next week! I'll upload some pics here in a minute and maybe talk to you if you're online for a minute! Tiako ianareo!!!!!!
Love, Elder Stringfellow
Phrase for the week: Manaraka ny mpamonjy (follow the Savior)

No comments:

Post a Comment