Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Blue Toaster is Back

Manahoana Daholo e!

Nanao fifanakalozana be dia be niaraka tamin'ny misionera rehetra tamin'ny herinandro lasa za sy Elder Cyusa.

Man this week was awesome. Elder Cyusa and I conducted lots of splits with most of the missionaries here in Antsirabe and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

On Tuesday, I worked with Elder Kissi. Elder Kissi is originally from Ghana and he might be one of the funniest missionaries I've ever meet. He and I headed out to Manandona where we visited the small village of Be Soa with the Manandona Branch President. It was so much fun and the village of Be Soa is a way cool place. I literally felt like I was walking through the Shire from Lord of the Rings.

On Wednesday, I worked with Elder Tainter. Elder Tainter is a really cool guy and he is a great missionary. He knows how to work hard while having fun at the same time. I really liked my split with Elder Tainter and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to work with him again.

On Thursday, I worked with Elder Wilmont. Elder Wilmont is from South Africa and he is currently Elder Godfrey's companion. Our whole program literally fell through throughout the day but it didn't phase Elder Wilmont and I. We still found good use of our time. I really liked the split that he and I had.

On Fridiay, I worked with Elder Godfrey. He and I headed out to Manandona where we had a really fun day with the Branch President. It was a really good day and I really wish that he and I could be companions. Yep, I love him that much haha.

Sunday eventually rolled around and Elder Cyusa and I visited the Sarodroa Branch with the District President and his wife. Surprisingly, all the members out there remembered me from last year and it was awesome to see them again. Sarodroa is such an awesome branch and I love all the members out there. I'm really humbled in the fact that they remembered me and I can't wait to visit them again next month. Oh, and by the way, all the members out there just absolutely love Brother Bingham and they keep asking me when he's coming back haha.

The last thing I want to share is something that happened to us last night. We were visiting Bruno and his family and we had a really good lesson on Faith and Repentance. Throughout the lesson Elder Cyusa and I learned that one of Bruno's daughters, Finoana, was pretty sick and I eventually noticed her laying restlessly on the bed. This overwhelming feeling that she needed blessing started to build up in my chest and after saying a silent prayer I received the confirming YES that she needed a blessing. Bruno and his wife allowed us to give the blessing so Elder Cyusa anointed here with oil and I had the privelage of giving her the actual blessing. It was a very spiritual moment and I really hope and pray that little Finoana gets better. She seemed to be in quite a bit of pain and there is no doubt in my mind that the Lord wanted us to bless here. I don't think I've ever received such a definite prompting from the spirit than what I felt last night and I'm so thankful that we were put in the position to help her and her family.

Well, that's all I got this week. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week.

Love, Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK




















No comments:

Post a Comment