Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Last Transfer...6 Weeks Left

Karakory ma!

Tamin'ny sabotsy teo nankany Ambositra niaraka tamin' i Filoha Foote sy ny Fianakaviany za sy Elder Godfrey mba hamangy ny sampana tany.

This week was insane! It seemed like there was so much going on that we couldn't get done everything that we needed to do but some how we were able to figure it all out in the end. Between zone conference, going to Ambositra with the Foote's, and receiving transfer news there has been absolute zero down time which has been awesome. It sounds weird but I like staying busy. You feel more accomplished at the end of the day and when you wake up in the morning you're ready to go a 100 mph again.

Anyways, y'all probably want to know how zone conference went. Well, it was awesome and the Foote's are amazing people. The main topic of our zone conference was how to become a full-time, full-purpose missionary. President Foote gave some amazing counsel on how we need to stop thinking that we're too inadequate to do this work which was something that I really needed to hear. Sometimes I feel inadequate about myself whether it's with the language or with my teaching ability, but I'm starting to realize that the only thing required of me is my effort. President Foote really hit hard on that which I liked a lot. He also went over certain attributes that  we can develop so that we can become a better full-time, full-purpose missionaries. All in all, it was a great zone conference and I enjoyed it a lot.

On Saturday, Elder Godfrey and I had the opportunity to go with President Foote and his family to visit the branch out in Ambositra which is about two hours away from Antsirabe.  It was fun to have a little road trip with the Foote's and it was a whole lot of fun to stay in a hotel room with Elder Godfrey. We translated for the Foote's on Sunday during church which was kind of hard mainly because I had to try and translate President Foote's talk from English to Malagasy. I already know I did a crappy job but it's in the past and out of my control now. Anyways, it was a whole lot of fun to spend the weekend with the Foote's.

Okay, y'all probably want to know how transfer news went down. Well, I'm staying here in Antsirabe but I am getting a new companion. His name is Elder Francom and I'm way excited for him to come down. I already know who he is and he'll be a great last companion to have. It's crazy to think that it's already my last transfer in the mission but I'm way excited that it'll be spent with Elder Francom.

Well, that's all I got this week. I don't have my camera right now but I'll try and send some pics latter.

Love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week.

Love, Elder Stringfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment