Monday, August 24, 2015

Best Weekend Ever...

Manahoana Daholo!

We had another awesome week here down in Andranomanelatra! Work is going great and it looks like our number one investigator right now, Voangy, will be getting baptized on Sept. 12! Keep your fingers crossed! All the other investigators are doing great and we'll continue to keep them progressing!

This weekend was literally the best weekend of my mission so far! It started at 3:00 am on Saturday morning as Elder Becker and I went to pick up the Fianarantsoa Elders at the church! Needless to say I was a little excited to see Elder Godfrey again, haha! The reason why they came down was for the Zone Conference that happened latter that afternoon! Holy cow, best Zone Conference of my mission so far!

The Zone Conference was held with Elder Cook of the first quorum of the Seventy! It was flat out incredible! We talked about testimony and conversion and how they correspond with each other! It really made me think about my own conversion and how I have changed throughout the course of my mission! I have seen a lot of changes in my life personally but I know that there is a lot more room for improvement!  How I conduct myself here on the mission and in my life after plays a huge role in how I will live in the life to come! Let's just say that I want to live a higher/celestial law!

Church this week was amazing! We went to church in our other branch out in Sarodroa with Elder and Sister Cook, President and Sister Foote, Three other mission couples, and the AP's! Yeah, I did a lot of translating along with the AP's, haha! Coolest part of it all was during Sunday School I was asked to translate for Elder and Sister Cook! Yeah, talk about scary! When they asked me to translate I was sort of like, "You mean the General Authority and his wife over there?!" Haha, it wasn't that bad! The lesson was on the Sabbath Day and Elder and Sister Cook were impressed by how well the Branch understands the importance of the Sabbath! All in all, best church meeting I've ever been too! The Spirit was felt so strong and all the members in Sarodroa were so happy that they had the opportunity to be with Elder Cook! It is a memory that I will never forget!

Well, that's my report on the awesome weekend we had! I have never felt the spirit so much and my life and it was truly a blessing to have Elder Cook with us! I learned so much from him and I know that I will imply his teachings into my life! I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has an awesome week!

Am-pitiavana, Elder Stringfellow


Pics: I burned a shirt for my year mark! Pic with some members in Sarodroa! Elder Godfrey and I with Elder and Sister Cook!
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Elder Cook, Elder Godfrey, Elder Stringfellow, Sister Cook
Elder Stringfellow and the Shirt Burning
The Shirt is Burning
Elder Stringfellow and Elder Becker and some of the Branch Members


No comments:

Post a Comment