Monday, December 21, 2015

We Have New Roommates...

Tratra ny Krismasy!

Hey Everyone! How we all doing? We getting ready for Christmas? Holy cow, I can't believe it's almost here again. Time is literally flying by and it's had to believe that this is going to be my last Christmas here in Madagascar......mampalahelo be izany.

Anyways, the big news of the week is that Elder Wootan and I got roommates/new companions! Yep, President Foote brought up two new missionaries with him last Friday night and now my new companion is Elder Anderson! MY BROTHER! He and I were both trained by the legendary Elder Hein and now we're working together! I am so pumped! We already get along great and I can't wait to start working with him. We're going to get a lot of work done but we're going to have fun while we do it. He's from Idaho and he's got about 4 months left in his mission.

Work was crazy this week! It's starting to rain again here in Madagascar and Elder Wootan and I literally had to walk through flooded gutters and sewers. Literally, the nastiest thing I've ever done....It was a whole lot worse than Tamatave and we literally saw dead rats floating down the streets as we walked through them. Haha, oh well! It might've bee disgusting but we still taught the times we were supposed to teach. If anything, it taught me that I should worry about others before I start worrying about myself. Another great
lesson that I've learned on my mission.

As I mentioned before, President Foote was up here this weekend. Man, do I love him. He took us out to dinner a few times and then came to church with us on Sunday. I had great interview with him on Sunday and we got to talk about a lot things. It's always great to have President around and I'm so thankful that he's our Mission President here in Madagascar.

Well, that's about it for my weekly report. I'm so excited that Christmas is just around the corner and I can't wait to skype most of you guys this Friday. Christmas is the best time of the year mainly because we can focus on the birth of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ. Please, please, please try to keep him as your main focus this Christmas. Being here in Madagascar has really taught me that you don't need a whole lot to be happy if you keep him as the main focus in your life. Please remember that. I love you all so much and Merry
Christmas!

Love, Elder Stringfellow


PHOTOS OF WEEK
Fresh Mangos
Christmas Package Arrived 
On the Beach

Lemur on the Roof
Shark on Rice
More of the Beach 
Sailing....
Mahajanga Bay
Checking out the sites
Pday Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment