Monday, December 7, 2015

Its Really Hot....

Tena tsy mijanona mihitsy ny hafanana ary ataoko fa mety ho faty aho!

Hot....That's all I'm going to say. The days just seem to be getting hotter and hotter and I can only imagine that temperatures will continue to increase. It's not always fun to go out and work in such brutal temperatures but at the end of the day it gives you that amazing feeling of accomplishment. As the temperatures get hotter, the work starts to pick up more and more and I know it's because of the effort we are putting in. Things are starting to slowly click here in Mahajanga and it's an exciting time for the church here.

As I mentioned in my letter last week, Elder Wootan and I are giving most of our attention to our branch. The members out here, especially the leaders, are incredible people and they have nothing but good intentions for chruch, however, we have noticed that they need a little help. It seems that even though our leaders have good intentions, they still have not been properly trainded in certain areas within their callings and because of that we have seen some difficulties in the branch. This last week, Elder Wootan and I visited every single member with a leadership position in the Branch and set up times with them for us to train them. This week we are going to start the slow process of training them and hopefully we see something good come out of it.

Other than working with the branch, we still find lots of time to teach new people about this gospel. Elder Wootan found lots of time this week to tract and we found some new really cool families. We have set up return appointments with all of them this week and I'll fill you all in next week with what happens.

Our 3 recent converts are all doing well. Victor received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and Fenazy and Mercelline are both doing pretty well. Fenazy was pretty sick this week and we ended up giving her a blessing so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she is trying to get better.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to write....Oh, last week we had a missionary come home! His name is Fabrice and he is a baller. He's been helping us a lot lately and hopefully he becomes the new Branch Mission Leader. He searved his mission in Cote d’Ivoire and he's going to be helping this branch out a lot. I'll keep ya'll updated on how work goes with him.

Well, I guess that's my weekly report. It's crazy to think that another week has gone by and that my mission is getting shorter and shorter. I really do love this work and I love being a missionary and hopefully these next 8 months go by SLOW. Anyways, love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a great week!


Love, Elder Stringfellow

PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
The Beach in Mahajanga





No comments:

Post a Comment