Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 4 in Andranomanelatra

Manahoana Daholo!

Ahhh Man this week was awesome! So many awesome things happened this week and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

First off, I just want to let everyone know that I know how to drive stick! Yep, you heard it! Elder Mumford usually let's me drive around everywhere we go now and I love it! Sometimes it's tricky to avoid all the people and dogs in the streets but it's still way fun to drive!

Second, President and Sister Foote have finally arrived in Madagascar and I've already met them! They decided to make a short trip down here to Antsirabe and I got to talk one on one with President Foote last Saturday night! He is so cool and brings so much energy! It's almost like a complete 180 from before and I already love it! He just cracks jokes left and right but more importantly he's here to serve the people! This next year is going to be so much fun being able to work with him!

Third, Vao tonga ny Filohan'ny Sampanay tamin'ny tempoly! Our Branch President just got back from the Temple this week and he loved it! He loved it so much that yesterday he said in sacrament meeting that anyone who was baptized during or before the year 2014 needs to set up an interview with him to start their sacrifices for the temple! Uhh....talk about baller! Hopefully we can get more people to the Temple here in the next few years!

Fourth, Elder Mumford and I visited a Fahoriana (funeral) yesterday and Elder Mumford had to pull out his Kabary! It was a little awkward because we didn't even know the guy who died....we kinda just showed up and payed our Kabary, haha! The fomba gasy with the Fahoriana was a little weird though! The man who had passed away had cotton balls shoved up his nose and a weird cloth rapped around his head from the bottom of the chin to the top of his head! The one thing that really creeped me out was I'm pretty sure the dead guy was laying on the kitchen table, haha! Anyways, it was a pretty cool experience!

Last but not least, I finally visited Lake Tritriva! This morning before we came to the cyber we headed up and saw the lake! It was so cool and so pretty! It actually reminded me a lot of home with all the pine trees and that smell you can only find in the mountains! Gall, I loved it so much!

Anyways, that was my week! Everything is going great down here in Madagascar and I love my mission more and more everyday! If there's one thing I learned for myself this week was to stop  worrying about myself and get to work! Sometimes I get in this "woe is me" mode and it never ever brings anything good! I am here to serve the Lord and the People of Madagascar! That needs to be my first priority and my only priority! Anyways, that's the little thing I learned this week! I love you all so much and I think about and pray for everyone of you! It's a great time to be hear on earth and I'm so thankful to be here! I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love
Elder Stringfellow

(From his Dad, here is some more information about - Click Here - Lake Tritriva.)

PHOTOS OF THE WEEK











Lake Tritriva
Lake Tritriva

Lake Tritriva

Lake Tritriva
Lake Tritriva
Their Car..."the Toaster"

Ryan at Lake Tritriva

No comments:

Post a Comment