Monday, July 27, 2015

Training a New Companion...

Hey Everyone!

Elder Becker (Son) and Elder Stringfellow (Father)
This week was insane! To start off on Monday morning Elder Mumford and I headed up to Tana so he could go home and I could pick up my trainee! We made it to Tana and for the next two days I got to spend my time with all the missionaries going home! I'm not going to lie but that made me really
trunky, haha! It was really sad to say bye to that group because there were so many awesome missionaries who really made an impact on my life! They did a lot of great things on their missions and I know that they'll do a lot of great things after!

Starting Tuesday night I was on a split with Elder Coolley and Elder Godfrey! The big three back from the MTC, haha! It was such a fun split and it was nice to catch up with them! They're both doing great and they're doing a lot of good things on their missions! All three of us can't believe that a year has almost gone by and we hope that this year slows down a bit!

Thursday morning came around and Elder Godfrey and I headed to the mission home at around 6:00 in the morning to go pick up our new Trainees! We had a way nice breakfast and lunch done by the Footes and it's honestly the best food I've ever had! I got my new companion and is name is Elder Becker! He's from Colorado and he just barely got here to Madagascar! He's a way cool missionary and I can't wait to train him! We're going to have a ton of fun but we're going to work hard!

Thursday night I drove us all back down to Antsirabe and after we had just arrived that's when the nightmare began! I straight up had the flu/food poisoning and I was in the bathroom all night! I got the chills really bad so I couldn't fall asleep all night! All in all, it was a terrible experience and I think it's the sickest I've ever been! I'm feeling a lot better but I'm still not quite 100 percent!

The work is going great! We had an investigator who came to church yesterday for the second week in a row! Her name is Voangy and she is a way cool lady! She's learned from the missionaries before and Elder Mumford and I found her again! She has a way messed up foot but for the past two weeks she's been taking the painful trek to church! She lives very far away from the church and it's not an easy task for her but she's been doing it and she's loving church! Yesterday the members just swarmed her and really made her feel at home which was such a blessing! We gave her a Baptismal Date for Sept. 12 and hopefully we can catch it!

Well, that was my week! It was crazy but I learned a lot! I can't wait to get a full week of work in with Elder Becker this week and we are going to tear up Andranomanelatra! I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Andranomanelatra
My last district
The real Sarodroa Pic
Members in Sarodroa
Sarodroa
A Super Delicious Hamburger and Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment