Monday, October 13, 2014

Spiders and Lemurs....The Adventure Continues


Dear Everyone!

(Photos at the End)
I love It here in Tana! I have an English keyboard this week so I'll talk a whole lot more about my experiences!

To start off the work is going really great here in our area! It's hard white washing but this week at church we had 144 in attendance and 20 investigators! It's awesome! One of our investigators name's is Norbert and he's incredible. He's a Malagasy politician and will probably run for president here in the next couple years but he always brings his family to church and like 10 of his friends. He's going to get baptized with his family here soon and he'll be a great addition to the church! The church building we have right now is really small and old but here in a few weeks (hopefully) the new stake center will be finished and we'll be able to go there. I'll show you pics of both. 

I've already had some weird experiences here but nothing too extreme. The spiders here are insane!!! One afternoon we were tracking and all of the sudden Elder Hein told me to look up in this tree....I kid you not there was this spider about the size of my hand just sitting in it's web! I honestly couldn't believe it! That same night we were back at the house just sitting there and talking when out of the corner of my eye I saw something run across the floor. At first I thought it was a mouse because it was pretty big but to my surprise it was a spider about the size of my palm. Talk about scary! Luckily, they don't bite!

The food here just keeps getting better and better! Elder Koplin makes this herbal tea they have here in Madagascar and it's dang good! It taste just like fruit loops! The rice and laoka here is really good and I'll send some pics home! I eat rice and laoka everyday so I haven't had anything real crazy yet but I'll make sure I let you know when I do!


Today was P-day!!!! Honestly the best day of the mission so far! We went to the zoo and got to mess around with some lemurs! They're now my new favorite animal! We got to go into the cage with them and feed them and it was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Their 
hands are so cool! They're just like ours only a whole lot smaller and they feel just like rubber! The pics I have with them are so cool and I'll make sure I send those home too!


It's great to hear that all is going well back at home. It's hard sometimes not having everything I had back at home but I'm finally starting to get used to it. The Malagasy way is simple and I'm starting to love it! I couldn't think of a better place for me to be and I know the experiences I have here will greatly impact the rest of my life! I love you all so much and I can't wait to tell you about my experiences next week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Stringfellow

(Click on Photos for Larger View)
 
Here is some conversation that Ryan's Mom had with Ryan this morning via email:

http://elderjesseyhein.blogspot.com - 1st Companion in Madagascar

Mom:
Good Morning (for me)!!
You sound AWESOME!!  Grandma will be glad to know that you met up with "THOSE MONKEYS!!"  Haha!  Norbert sounds like an amazing guy!  Everything sounds awesome...except for the spiders!  Are they hairy?  Please let me know if you are receiving our Dear Elders.  I am hoping you are still on.  Let me know.  I LOVE YOU!!  Keep working hard and having fun!!

I sure love you!


Elder Stringfellow:
I'm still on!!! They're not hairy, just big! Umm....we don't get mail sent to our house, it all gets sent to the office and we might go there once every two weeks because it's like 2 hours away.....Email is probably the best way to go right now....

Mom:
I just want you to know how much I LOVE YOU!!  Keep up the good work and know that we are writing to you, but for now I will keep the emails coming!  Have a wonderful week...I know you will!  All my love,

Elder Stringfellow:

So sorry I forgot to tell you about Elder Hein! Elder Hein is from Dallas Texas and has been out for just over a year. He's probably the best missionary, other than the Malagasy missionaries, at speaking the language. He went to BYU for a summer semester before coming out and he's on the BYU soccer team! All in all, he's probably the best missionary out here and will probably be AP before he goes home. He also has a blog. His first name is Jessey. Love you too! 

Mom:
 I found Elder Hein's blog.  If his family is interested in yours they can find it at elderryanstringfellow.blogspot.com!  You two go tear it up this week!!  The Church is true and the missionaries are valiant!!  Love it, love it, love it!!

Elder Stringfellow:
Elder Hein just put the link to my blog on his! Love you so much! Have a great week!

Photos of the Week
Elders Hein and Stringfellow
Elder Stringfellow and a Lemur


The Rice Fields
Fruit Loop Herbal Tea
Rice and Laoka
A Lemur
Their City
New Stake Center just being finished
Current Meetinghouse














 



1 comment:

  1. Your area sounds amazing! The missionary work and investigator response is awesome. Glad you are well and happy!

    ReplyDelete