Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 9, August 28th, 2014

Fianakaviako! 
 
Hi awesome family! To start off I just want to say that I got all your letters and your packages and they meant the world to me! The MTC is my favorite place on Earth! From the beginning I never had the feeling of sadness or discouragement it was all happiness. My district has 12 elders! That's crazy huh! The district before us had 13 so there must be something going on in Madagascar. Our Zone is awesome! The missions include Madagascar, Indonesia, Armenia, Latvia, and the country Georgia.
 
 
You said you wanted to know more about my companion Elder Glazier. Let me just say he has been the biggest blessing in my life while being here in the MTC. He's from American Fork and He's a Rock Star! He and I are picking up the language pretty well and we are getting along so well. Last Friday we gave our first lesson to an investigator in Malagasy, talk about scary! His name is Rakoto Jean and we have already taught him 6 lessons. After the fourth lesson we found out that he was one of our teachers and his name is brother Bingham. I love him!
 
However in our last lesson we had challenged him to read 3 Nephi 11 and I asked him in Malagasy what he had learned. He said he learned about Jesus Christ and that we all need to follow what he says and does. I then told him that Jesus said to be baptized and I asked him to be baptized and he said yes! Of course I'm not going to baptize my investigator/teacher but the fact that he said yes was awesome. Our other teacher is Brother Sell and I love him too! Soon we'll start teaching him and I can't wait. I feel like I made the food sound kinda bad in my letter to home....it's actually not that bad. They just pound us with food and I feel like I never go hungry which is good. Our district is awesome! I have never laughed so hard in my life and I love them all. Elder Godfrey played baseball at Mountain Crest and Elder Glazier and I get along really well with him and his companion Elder Price. I hope this isn't too much to ask but I was wondering if you could send me my mizuno glove so during gym time me and Elder Godfrey could throw. I love this place so much and I'm learning a lot. If it's okay I want to share my testimony in Malagasy!

Fantatra fa marina ny bokin'i mormona. Marina fanahy masina. Fantatra fa mpaminany velona marina i Thomas S. Monson. Marina ny filazantsara. Amin'y anaran'y Jesos Kristy, Amena.
 
I know it's short but that's pretty much all I know how to do right now and I can pray. However, the gift of tongues is so real and I'm begging to understand a lot of Malagasy. If it weren't for Elder Glazier I don't know where I'd be. What I said above was:
 
I know the Book of Mormon is true. The Holy Ghost is True. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a living true prophet. The gospel is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

It's really short but I know that it can mean a lot to the people I teach. I'm running out of time and I got to go finish my laundry but I want to tell you that I miss you all so much! I am so happy that I'm a missionary for the fiangonan'i Jesoa Kristy ho an' ny olomasin'ny andro farany! Don't worry about me! This is the best thing I've ever done and I never want to stop being a missionary! I love you all so much and God be with you till we meet again! Veloma 

Love Elder Stringfellow
 
P.S. Congrats on the big win Friday! Keep working hard Sam and Dad and go get another title! Oh, and thanks Syd and Mom for sending me those letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment