Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 4, August 23rd, 2014

We finally received a letter from Elder Stringfellow and it was hand written (see below).  It was dated on August 20th and we received today, August 23rd via "Snail Mail".

MANAHOANA

Dear Mom and Dad,

This place is really awesome!  I met a lot of my friends today like Elder Woolley, of course, Elder Lloyd, and Elder Eyring.  They are all doing great! The language is going to be really tough but I know I can get through it.  My companion is Elder Glazier and he is awesome!  We're going to make a great companionship.  My P-Days are Thursdays, which doesn't include tomorrow (August 21) but expect to be hearing from me then.  My district is awesome! They're all hard workers and we're going to get a lot of work done.  The food here is okay, its not the best but I saw what you packed in my bag and I got all excited.  It's going to be hard but I know I can do it.  Love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Stringfellow

(PS - Elder Godfrey is in my district and he played baseball at Mountain Crest.  Whenever we're having trouble trying to learn the language we always stop for a minute to talk about [base] ball.  He's awesome and I really like him!)
Until Thursday...

Veloma!

No comments:

Post a Comment